The Nigeria True Cross Tour requires participants to ride to each of the towns at the tip of the Nigerian Cross passing through the FCT, to reach each town at the tips of the cross namely: Ikot Abasi (Via Ikot Akan) Akwa Ibom State; Katsina, Katsina State; Okuta, Kwara State and Yola, Adamawa State.
This means that the TRUE CROSS TOUR requires 3 passes through the center of Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory, as the rider travels to and fro the 4 points that make the Cross in the Nigeria Cross Tour.
TIP 1 to TIP 2 (Rider must ride through the FCT and check-in)
TIP 2 to TIP 3 (Rider must ride through the FCT and check-in)
TIP 3 to TIP 4 (Rider must ride through the FCT and check-in)
Once your registration is successful, you will receive your Participation Pack, which comprises – Duffel bag, Tough Tourers patch, and sticker.
The clock starts ticking after you make your first “check-in” using the TT Camera App. You have 15 days to complete this Tour.
The Nigeria True Cross Tour is not the same as The Nigeria Cross Tour, and both tours cannot be done concurrently.
Upon completing the tour, it will be reviewed and verified by the TT Board before you are declared a Finisher and awarded with your Nigeria True Cross Tour Pin, which validates your ride completion.
Ready for a challenging experience? Then sign up right after you read the rules and procedure
- You can only participate in the tour with the motorcycle or trike indicated in your profile.
- You must register online before you can be certified.
- The tour starts the moment you make your first “check-in”.
- During the Tour, participants must adhere to the Nigerian Highway Code and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Alcohol intake or use during the Tour is strictly prohibited, and the organizers will not be held liable for any incidences arising from its consumption.
- You must check-in at the FOUR (4) designated Checkpoints of the Nigerian True Cross Tour and at each Ride through the FCT, namely:
Abasi (via Ikot Akan),Akwa Ibom State(https://goo.gl/maps/AaBdm9WaWguexuLX7
Katsina State (https://goo.gl/maps/PCBLrzU9gTcAChSA9)
Kwara State (https://goo.gl/maps/dZbFSqfBVXeWesg66)
Adamawa State (https://goo.gl/maps/exzsW6fu6TrZQnQeA)
- You may check-in in any sequence and by any route you desire.
- The stipulated time for completion of The Nigerian Cross Tour is FIFTEEN (15) DAYS. There is no special recognition if you complete the tour before the stipulated time.
- No time extension is given for repairs, weather effects, illness, etc. Remember this event is a tour and not a race.
- Download and install the TT Camera App from your Android or IOS device play store.
The TT Camera App is to be used for check-ins at the designated
checkpoints and is the only acceptable check-in method for this tour.
Tourers are advised to ensure the TT Camera App is fully
functional on their mobile device before embarking on their tours/runs.
- To validate your check-in, you are required to take several photographs of:
The following are approved landmarks:
- Yourself with your motorcycle
- Motorcycle dash to show odometer reading (bike mileage)
- Yourself or motorcycle in view, in front of any of the approved landmarks at the designated checkpoints.
- A government building
- A hospital
- A church/mosque
- A school
N25,000.00. Payment of the registration fee entitles you to the following: TT Patch, and Stickers.
After verification of your Check-in photographs by the TT Board, you will be deemed to have completed the Tour. You will receive The Nigerian True Cross Pin, which certifies your completion of the Tour.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for this tour, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
- I agree to adhere to the tour rules. No changes to these rules are authorized.
- Tour registration is not transferable. I agree to No refund for any canceled tour or unfinished tour.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for any risk of personal bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of or related to this event.
- I understand and agree that I will be responsible for my medical treatment including evacuation in the case of an accident or medical emergency during the tour.
- I agree to indemnify and hold Tough Tourers, its affiliates, their officers, representatives, and Tough Tourers’ participants, from any and all liabilities, loss, damage, or cost arising out of or related to this event.
- I am aware that riding a motorcycle/trike is an inherently risky undertaking and will take all precautions to prevent an accident.
- I hereby grant permission to the TT Board to use my pictures, name, and story in traditional and digital media, for the purposes of the press and public relations.