The Nigeria Cross Tour requires participants to ride to each of the towns at the tips of the Nigerian Cross namely: Ikot Abasi (Via Ikot Akan) Akwa Ibom State; Katsina, Katsina State; Okuta, Kwara State and Yola, Adamawa State.
From lowlands in the south, to mountains in the southeast, central hills and plateaux and plains in the north, The Nigerian Cross Tour will push your endurance and skills to the very limit. You will experience the equatorial climate in the south, the tropical climate in the central region and it will get semi-arid as you ride into the north.
You will be expected to cover a minimum distance of 2700km within 10 days! This does not include the ride to the start point and the ride back from the end point. (We told you this is not for the faint-hearted 😉).
Once your registration is successful, you will receive your Participation Pack, which comprises – the set of rules, Tough Tourer duffel bag, Tough Tourers patch and sticker.
The clock starts ticking after you make your first “log-in” using the TT App.
After you complete the tour, it will be reviewed and verified by the TT team before you are declared a Finisher and awarded with your Nigeria Cross Tour Pin, which validates your ride completion.
Sounds tough enough for you? Then sign up right after you read the rules and procedures.
8. You may check-in in any sequence and by any route you desire.
9. The stipulated time for completion of The Nigerian Cross Tour is TEN (10) DAYS. There is no special recognition if you complete the tour before the stipulated time.
10. No time extension is given for repairs, weather effects, illness etc. Remember this event is a tour and not a race.
Each landmark must bear a signpost showing the name of the designated checkpoint.
N25,000.00. Payment of the registration fee entitles you to the following: Check-in App, Tough Tourer duffel bag, Balaclava, Rules Set, TT Patch and Sticker.
After verification of your Check-in photographs by the TT Team, you will be deemed to have completed the Tour. You will receive The Nigerian Cross Tour Pin, which certifies your completion of the tour.
By signing up for this tour, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
– I agree to adhere to the tour rules. No changes to these rules are authorized.
– Tour registration is not transferable. I agree to No refund for any cancelled tour or unfinished tour.
– I agree to assume full responsibility for any risk of personal bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to this event.
– I understand and agree that I will be responsible for my medical treatment including evacuation in the case of an accident or medical emergency during the tour.
– I agree to indemnify and hold Tough Tourers, its affiliates, their officers, representatives, and Tough Tourers’ participants, from any and all liabilities, loss, damage, or cost arising out of or related to this event.
– I am aware that riding a motorcycle/trike is an inherently risky undertaking and will take all precautions to prevent an accident.
– I hereby grant permission to the TT team to use my pictures, name and story in traditional and digital media, for the purposes of press and public relations.