Welcome to our most innovative ride yet! The Nigeria Bridges Tour requires that participants ride to a total of 25bridges, including five (5) designated bridges, namely:
- The four bridges over the Niger River at Jebba, Lokoja, Ohunene, and Onitsha
- The bridge over the Benue River at Makurdi
Tough Tourers defines a “bridge” as a structure made of concrete, steel or wood, built to span physical obstacles without closing the way underneath such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle and may include but is not limited to a flyover, a viaduct, an overpass or an aqueduct. Furthermore, such a structure must be a minimum of 2 car lengths for the purpose of a check in.
The certification process begins when you receive your participation pack comprising: Balaclava, Tough Tourer duffel bag, Rules Set, Tough Tourers Patch and Sticker.
You must complete this tour within the Calendar Year of January 1 – December 31.
Riders who successfully have their rides certified will receive a Finisher’s Pin which certifies their ride completion.
- You must complete and submit your registration form online before you can obtain your Participation Pack. (Please allow 2weeks processing time after your registration).
- You must have your Participation Pack comprising Balaclava, Duffel Bag, Rules Set, Tough Tourers Patch and Sticker, before embarking on this Tour.
- You can only participate in the tour with the motorcycle or trike indicated in your registration form.
- During the Tour, participants must adhere to the Nigerian Highway Code and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Alcohol intake or use during the Tour is strictly prohibited, and the organizers will not be held liable for any incidences arising from its consumption.
- You must cross 25 bridges comprising the Five(5) designated Bridges for this tour and any other 20 of your choice, namely: The bridges over the Niger River at Jebba, Lokoja, Ohunene, and Onitsha; and the bridge over the Benue River at Makurdi.
- You must take a photograph with your motorcycle/trike at the bridges you visit.
- You must complete this tour within the Calendar Year of January 1 – December 31.
You may visit the listed Bridges in any sequence and by any route you desire.
- You must take a photograph with your motorcycle/trike at every bridge stop with the bridge/ your motorcycle/ and odometer in clear view.
- Check in locations must be further than 5 Km apart to be considered as being different locations.
- The Tough Tourer Mobile App will be used to check-in at every bridge stop.
- You must have completed your bridges tour and uploaded all photos using the TT App, before the last day of the calendar year of your registration.
- The TT Team will review and verify all entries.
A check in for a bridge may be done ahead of, behind, under or above the bridge provided the bridge is visible in the check in picture and fulfills other check in requirements such as;
Check in locations must be further than 5 Km apart to be considered as being different locations.
- Download and install the TT app from the download link sent to the phone number provided in your registration form.
This TT app will be used to check-in at the designated checkpoints and is the only check-in method permitted for this tour.
- To validate your check-in, you are required to take photographs in front of any of the bridges to capture the following details:
- Yourself with your motorcycle
- Motorcycle dash to show odometer reading (bike mileage)
- Yourself or motorcycle in view,at the designated checkpoints at a distance of no further than 500 meters
N20,000.00. Payment of the registration fee entitles you to the following: Balaclava, Duffel Bag, Rules Set, Tough Tourers Patch and Sticker, before embarking on this Tour.
- You must have completed your Tour and uploaded all photos using the TT App, before the last day of the calendar year of your registration.
- The TT Team will review and verify all entries.
- After successful verification of your photographs by the TT Team, you will be deemed to have completed the Tour.
- You will receive your Finisher’s Pin which certify your completion of the ride.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for this tour, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
– I agree to adhere to the tour rules. No changes to these rules are authorized.
– Tour registration is not transferable. I agree to No refund for any cancelled tour or unfinished tour.
– I agree to assume full responsibility for any risk of personal bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to this event.
– I understand and agree that I will be responsible for my medical treatment including evacuation in the case of an accident or medical emergency during the tour.
– I agree to indemnify and hold Tough Tourers, its affiliates, their officers, representatives, and Tough Tourers’ participants, from any and all liabilities, loss, damage, or cost arising out of or related to this event.
– I am aware that riding a motorcycle/trike is an inherently risky undertaking and will take all precautions to prevent an accident.
– I hereby grant permission to the TT team to use my pictures, name and story in traditional and digital media, for the purposes of press and public relations.