The Iron Bum Run (IBR) provides a unique challenge that will stretch your endurance as a long-distance rider.
There are three categories on this challenge:
Category A – The IBR 1000 challenges a rider to cover a minimum distance of 1000km in 24 continuous hours
Category B - The IBR 1500 challenges a rider to cover a minimum distance of 1500km in 24 continuous hours
Category C - The IBR 2500 challenges a rider to cover a minimum distance of 2500km in 48 continuous hours.
Your ride commences with the date and time indicated on your first check-in with the TT App.
The finish date and time from the final check-in will be used to calculate the elapsed time and mileage of your journey. Upon 48hrs after your first check-in, the clock stops counting and the verification process begins.
Only one category can be recognized within one run.
The ONLY method of documenting check-ins remains the TT Mobile App. In order to keep these runs from becoming races, the fastest completion time will not be stated.
Please keep in mind, the hours are wall clock time, not riding time.
So, choose any route you wish: When the ride is over, you have not only conquered a very tough run, you will also be certified one of Nigeria’s Toughest Riders.
1. You must register online before you can be certified.
2. You can only participate in the tour with the motorcycle or trike as indicated in your profile.
3. The tour starts the moment you make your first “check-in”.
4. During the Tour, participants must adhere to the Nigerian Highway Code and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
5. Alcohol intake or use during the Tour is strictly prohibited, and the organizers will not be held liable for any incidences arising from its consumption.
6. You must check-in at every fuel stop using the TT App with your instrument cluster in view. All check-ins for this challenge must be done within 48hrs from your first check-in, in order to qualify for any of the categories.
7. You may check-in in any sequence and by any route you desire.
8. The stipulated time for completion of this Run is 48hrs.
9. No time extension is given for repairs, weather effects, illness, etc. Remember this event is a tour and not a race.
1. Download and install the TT Camera App from your Android or IOS device play store.
The TT Camera App is to be used for check-ins at the designated checkpoints and is the only acceptable check-in method for this run.
Tourers are advised to ensure the TT Camera App is fully functional on their mobile device before embarking on their tours/runs.
2. To validate your check-in, you are required to take several photographs to capture the following details:
· Yourself with your motorcycle
· Motorcycle dash to show odometer reading (bike mileage) at every fuel stop.
A Rider that successfully completes the Iron Bum Run will be certified based on the total mileage achieved and will receive a certificate, a Tough Tourer pin, and a sticker with our logo - Nigeria's Toughest Riders.