The premier event for all Tough Tourers is the Tough Tour. The 2018 edition will be held in the first quarter of 2018 (12th of March to 17th of March) and will involve a 5/6 day tour around Nigeria.
The ride for the day will always end at a “Stop Point”, where participants will spend the night.
The tour provides riders with the opportunity to experience roads less travelled and enjoy the “scenic” routes offered by our beautiful country.
The climax of the event is the “Finisher’s Banquet”, which will hold on the 6th day, and it is open to all riders, whether or not they participated in the Tough Tour!
So start making your plans, and as the tour date approaches, keep checking back for more details of the start and end towns, as well as the exact route.
- You must complete and submit your registration form online before you can obtain your Participation Pack. (Please allow 2weeks processing time after your registration).
- You must have your Participation Pack comprising of, Balaclava, Rules Set, Tough Tourers Patch and Sticker, before embarking on this Tour.
- The only vehicle permitted for this event is the motorcycle or trike indicated in your registration form.
- The tour begins on the designated start date and runs for six (6) consecutive days.
- During the tour, participants must adhere to the Nigerian Highway Code and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Alcohol intake or use during the tour is strictly prohibited and the organizers will not be held liable for any incidences arising from its consumption.
- The Tough Tour will consist of five designated stop points (END Point inclusive).
- There will be no extended time for repairs, weather effects, illness etc.
- You are allowed FIVE (5) DAYS to complete The Tough Tour, with the “Finisher’s Banquet” being held on the 6th day.
- The The Tough Tour will require participants to go through designated “Stop Points” which will serve as “Check-in Locations”.
- Every Check- in Location must be visited within the time that the checkpoint is open.
TT Designated stop points.
The following are considered checkpoints within the designated Stop Points
- A government building
- A clinic/hospital
- A church/ mosque
- A school
The above-mentioned checkpoints must have a signpost with location details
N35,000.00; Payment of the registration fee entitles you to the following, TT App, Personalized towel, Balaclava, Rules set, TT Patch, Finisher’s Banquet, TT 2018 Pin Sign up here
At the completion of your tour, the TT team must receive the following;
- Photographs of your motorcycle in front of all “checkpoints” with your towel number in view.
- You will be declared a finisher of this event after the TT team has received, reviewed and verified all the tour materials that you sent in.
- Only certified Finishers will receive the Tough Tourer 2018 Pin that certifies your ride completion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for this tour, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
– I agree to adhere to the tour rules. No changes to these rules are authorized.
– I agree to assume full responsibility for any risk of personal bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to this event.
– I understand and agree that I will be responsible for my medical treatment including evacuation in the case of an accident or medical emergency during the tour.
– I agree to indemnify and hold Tough Tourers, its affiliates, their officers, representatives, and Tough Tourers’ participants, from any and all liabilities, loss, damage, or cost arising out of or related to this event.
– I am aware that riding a motorcycle/trike is an inherently risky undertaking and will take all precautions to prevent an accident.
– I hereby grant permission to the TT team to use my pictures, name and story in traditional and digital media, for the purposes of press and public relations.