The Nigeria Cross Tour requires participants to ride to each of the towns at the tips of the Nigerian Cross namely: Ikot Abasi (Via Ikot Akan) Akwa Ibom State; Katsina, Katsina State; Okuta, Kwara State and Yola, Adamawa State.
From lowlands in the south, to mountains in the southeast, central hills and plateaux and plains in the north, The Nigerian Cross Tour will push your endurance and skills to the very limit. You will experience the equatorial climate in the south, the tropical climate in the central region and it will get semi-arid as you ride into the north.
You will be expected to cover a minimum distance of 2700km within 10 days! This does not include the ride to the start point and the ride back from the end point. (We told you this is not for the faint-hearted 😉).
Once your registration is successful, you will receive your Participation Pack, which comprises – the set of rules, personalized registration towel, Tough Tourers patch and sticker.
The clock starts ticking after you make your first “log-in” using the TT App.
After you complete the tour, it will be reviewed and verified by the TT team before you are declared a Finisher and awarded with your Nigeria Cross Tour Pin, which validates your ride completion.
Sounds tough enough for you? Then sign up right after you read the rules and procedures.
- You must complete and submit your registration form online before you can obtain your Participation Pack. (Please allow 2weeks processing time after your registration).
- You must have your Participation Pack comprising of Personalized Towel, Balaclava, Rules Set, Tough Tourers Patch and Sticker, before embarking on this Tour.
- You can only participate in the tour with the motorcycle or trike indicated in your registration form.
- The tour starts the moment you make your first “check-in”.
- During the Tour, participants must adhere to the Nigerian Highway Code and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Alcohol intake or use during the Tour is strictly prohibited, and the organizers will not be held liable for any incidences arising from its consumption.
- You must check-in at the FOUR (4) designated Checkpoints of the Nigerian Cross Tour namely:
- Ikot Abasi (via Ikot Akan), Akwa Ibom State (google map)
- Katsina, Katsina State(google map)
- Okuta, Kwara State (google map)
- Yola, Adamawa State (google map)
8. You may check-in in any sequence and by any route you desire.
9. The stipulated time for completion of The Nigerian Cross Tour is TEN (10) DAYS. There is no special recognition if you complete the tour before the stipulated time.
10. No time extension is given for repairs, weather effects, illness etc. Remember this event is a tour and not a race.
- Download and install the TT app from the download link sent to the phone number provided in your registration form.
This TT app will be used to check-in at the designated checkpoints and is the only check-in method permitted for this tour.
- To validate your check-in, you are required to take several photographs in front of any of the approved landmarks to capture the following details:
- Yourself with your motorcycle and towel number
- Motorcycle dash to show odometer reading (bike mileage)
- Yourself or motorcycle in view, in front of any of the approved landmarks at the designated checkpoints.
- A government building
- A hospital
- A church/mosque
- A school
Each landmark must bear a signpost showing the name of the designated checkpoint.
N25,000.00. Payment of the registration fee entitles you to the following: Check-in App, Personalized towel, Balaclava, Rules Set, TT Patch and Sticker.
You must submit photographs of your check-in to the TT Team for review and verification.
After verification of your photographs by the TT Team, you will be deemed to have completed the Tour.
You will receive your Nigerian Cross Tour Pin, which certifies your completion of the tour.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for this tour, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
– I agree to adhere to the tour rules. No changes to these rules are authorized.
– I agree to assume full responsibility for any risk of personal bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to this event.
– I understand and agree that I will be responsible for my medical treatment including evacuation in the case of an accident or medical emergency during the tour.
– I agree to indemnify and hold Tough Tourers, its affiliates, their officers, representatives, and Tough Tourers’ participants, from any and all liabilities, loss, damage, or cost arising out of or related to this event.
– I am aware that riding a motorcycle/trike is an inherently risky undertaking and will take all precautions to prevent an accident.
– I hereby grant permission to the TT team to use my pictures, name and story in traditional and digital media, for the purposes of press and public relations.